Thursday, March 1, 2012

Punch Art Challenge, Week Two

My friend Paola is hosting a Punch Art card swap on SCS.  For those participating and friends she decided to add a special weekly challenge using punches.  Each week one of the swap participants presents a challenge and this week my paper punching pal April has challenged us to create a card using non-border punches to create a border.  Almost immediately I thought of using a punch  I rarely use to create a border of four leaf clovers on a card celebrating St. Patrick's Day and here is my card:
The designer paper is from Best Creations, St. Patrick, Base and layering paper is from Stampin' Up, four leaf clover was punched from Bazzill cardstock as where the scalloped hearts that create the shamrock embellishment.  The smaller hearts on the shamrock are from some scrap d.p.  I added a button with lime twist twine from My Mind's Eye and a trailing ribbon stem.  The "Happy St. Patricks Day was cut from SU cardstock on my Cricut.  The used this week's MOJO Monday sketch 230 here:
 

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love your border and you did a wonderful job on the Mojo Monday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeetttt! what a lovely St. Paddy's card Judy! ♥
    and look at that perfect cloverleaf border!
    I love the three leaf clover made with hearts and
    embellished w/ a button...soo darn adorable!
    Great take on this week challenge my friend:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this card is so pretty. Great punch art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely ADORE this, Judy! What a fab card and now I really want Cricut!!! Fab job with April's challenge! You gals are so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! I love the hearts as a clover! great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Judy, perfect for the occasion! I love all the clover and the layout is fab! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete