Monday, January 23, 2012

Butterflies and Belleek

It's been awhile since I've made a card for an SCS challenge.  I loved the "Try A New Technique" challenge posted today called "Inspired by Belleek Pottery".  The challenge is to create the look of this pottery by using the negative embossing technique.  We were challenged to emboss a piece of white or light colored cardstock with an embossing folder that has the front or top of the folder inked with a light colored ink.  I used ivory cardstock and Stampin' Up's River Rock with a Cuttlebug folder featuring butterflies.  Here's my card:

The embossed panel was matted on River Rock cardstock and attached to the card base of Blush Blossom cardstock.  The sentiment "Thinking of You", from Stampin' Up's Friend to Friend, was stamped in Blush Blossom, die cut with Nestabilities oval die and sponged with Blush Blossom.  The oval was attached to a tag of River Rock cardstock cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags die.  To strips of eyelet bordered ivory satin ribbon I added prima flowers and butterflies cut with a Martha Stewart punch in shades of peachy pink cardstock.

It's my birthday today and I think this card suits me to a tee. I love butterflies and love this shades Peachy Pink!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Judy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY - again! I hope your day was fabulous! And your card is just delightful to see -and so you! It has your personality all over it :) So soft and wonderful and lovely - and the butterflies! Looks like a neat technique - you tried something and it worked! Gorgeous! blessings to you, sweet friend! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Loving that you are sharing more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to start calling you my 'butterfly friend'(BF) :o) Happy Birthday the day after!
    (my BDay card is on its way btw)
    I am so glad U started posting in your lovely blog again...otherwise we would have missed this beautiful and softly done card....I love this tecnique and the beautiful result.....well done Judy...it reminds me of spring!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this card turned out great! Perfect for the challenge you were doing. I love the embossed butterflies. The Nestie you used for the sentiment is the perfect scroll to match the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy--this card is so pretty! I am glad you participated in this challenge--your card Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! So soft and feminine! Very nice, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Judy, I love this card...you really did an amazing job and I am just in awe of its beauty...well done my friend well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, this card is beautiful! The soft colors and your details with the satin roses and the pearls on the butterflies make this so elegant and feminine. Beautiful take on the challenge! {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, this is a beautiful card! I just love the colors and the pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such an elegant card! I absolutely love it!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Judy, this is so beautiful and elegant! I absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete