Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year, New Cards

It's almost the halfway through January and I'm already behind in my goal of posting to this blog at least once a week.  Today I'm posting a number of birthday cards I've recently created for friends and family.  The first one was for my friend Bill whose birthday is January 1st.  I used Mojo Monday sketch 214 for the layout and designer papers are by DCWV La Creme Stack.  The sentiment is from Gina K's  Inside and Out stamp set and the finishing touch was a plaid ribbon attached with a medal button with the word "birthday" engraved on it:
 The inside of the card features another sentiment from the Gina K Inside and Out stamp set:
 The second card was for my sister Donna who celebrated her birthday on January 3rd.  Because teal is one of Donna's favorite colors I used this paper from DCWV The Downtown Loft Stack.  The image is a stamp by Elizabeth Bell for Ladybug and Friends called "Hello Sunshine".  The prima flowers were just the right touch for a pretty card for a special sister:
 The third birthday card is for my nephew's wife Linda who celebrated her birthday January 8th.  The layout is from Splitcoaststampers sketch 365.  Papers are by DCWV All Occasion Glitter Stack.  The sentiment is from Gina K's Inside and Out stamp set.  The fushia flower give this black, silver and white theme a punch of color along with a glittery brad:
 On January 10th we celebrated my BFF Barbara's birthday.  She loves red so that was the theme for her card.  Papers were from Stampin' Up, DCWV La Creme Stack and Bazzill.  Mojo Monday sketch 223 was the inspiration for the layout.  The red layer with the lacy black overlay was made on my Cricut with cartridge Paper Lace.  The large 'B' was made with my SCAL software and outlined with Black stickles.  I created the sentiment on my Word program.  The final touch was a bow made from sheer red ribbon topped with black, cream and red flowers.
 Last but certainly not least is a card I created for my cousin Jim who is celebrating his birthday today.  The layout was taken from Splitcoaststamper's sketch367.  The plaid d.p. is by Pebblesinc. The green layer framing the striped designer paper was punched with my EK Success candle punch.  The sentiment with spinner is a Stampin Up stamp "Take A Spin".  Two silver square brads add a little embellishment to what I hope is good masculine birthday card:

4 comments:

  1. Judy,
    I think you were too busy creating to post them individually! Truly, a wonderful start to the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW--you have been so busy making these wonderful cards that you have not had time to post to your blog. I love all of them, but the card for Jim is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!! You have been busy, busy, busy! Putting me to shame LOL. Simply fantastic cards Judy. Each of these will make the recipient feel very special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holeeeeeee hannaaaaaaaaaaaa!...Talking about making cards galore!! U have been a veryyyy busyyyyyyyyy beeee indeed! I love each one of your beautiful creations but th eone who touched m ethe most is your sister's card....the image clearly speaks volume...your sisterly love is undeniably crystal clear. Love it....and YOU! ♥

    ReplyDelete